Mobile App Developer
To honor our commitment to leadership in cutting edge technology within our industry, WAC Lighting is adding to our team of IoT professionals within our global engineering team. We seek an experienced Mobile App Developer with Android and iOS platform experience to recommend and implement new applications and protocols in a cutting edge and innovative environment. This role is based within our IoT Technology Center in Austin, Texas, building the next generation of our mobile applications.
|Major Duties and Responsibilities|
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Design and develop advanced applications and protocols for Android and iOS platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Engineering resources to define and build new features and integrate product systems into applications.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Train, mentor and inspire junior staff.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability.
- Ensure improvement of application performance through bug fixing.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- 5+ years of documented professional experience in Android and iOS app development.
- Solid proven understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Ability to provide a professional portfolio reflecting a minimum of two original Android/iOS apps.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Experience working with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Extensive applied knowledge of programming languages including Swift and Java.
- Advanced functional knowledge with the drive to pursue updated knowledge of architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- High level technical documentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to interpret and follow technical plans.
- Proven history of excelling in a fast paced and challenging start up environment.
- Mandarin language skills (fluent written and verbal) are a big plus.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: paid time off; medical & dental coverage (including family coverage), vision, life, 401(k); tuition assistance; and continuous training and development.
Please note, all responsibilities outlined in the above job description are subject to change as needed. All efforts will be made to ensure proper notice is given for changes in responsibilities.