- Develop and implement an effective global supply chain strategy to optimize sales achievement.
- Effectively maintain healthy inventory levels to support inventory turn targets, minimize back orders, and maximize outbound/inbound freight efficiencies.
- Manage, adapt, and control the purchasing flow between WAC Lighting, factory suppliers and upstream component suppliers.
- Drive consistent purchase of materials to maintain workload and mindshare within international factories and achieve favorable scheduling and negotiated pricing for cost savings.
|Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic procurement plans and implement capacity planning working with all factories and multiple distribution centers. Control and coordinate inventory levels and business plans between all US based distribution centers, global factories and other vendors to accomplish 100% order fill rate and on time product delivery.
- Identify and analyze appropriate data points to accurately forecast needs based on anticipated sales within each distribution center. Partner closely with sales leadership to identify product trends and forecast supply based on market demand and promotional schedules. Proactively work with sales managers to hold them accountable for sales of inventory stocked.
- Develop and maintain a system of communication with and between all departments to continuously and proactively forecast existing and future product line demands. Establish measurement criteria, processes and reports, which enable a comprehensive analysis of past performance, projections, sales and marketing activity, capacity levels, and sales forecasts to develop 4-5 month product forecasts, inventory projections, and also quickly identify urgent needs for short-term purchasing adjustments.
- Develop and maintain reports to monitor, evaluate and coordinate variables including production from international factories, assembly, delivery lead time, backorders, order fill rate, order turnover etc. to manage and plan inventory levels for all US distribution centers and meet customer demands. Effectively manage competing targets to optimize supply chains in the best interests of the business.
- Work with the appropriate department heads to resolve issues relating to rework, manufacturing and assembly to enable sufficient planning for production, assembly, receipt of, warehousing of and shipment of product.
- Drive regular communication with the sales team to identify open job projects and coordinate timelines and schedules with international factories. Collaboration with factories and the sales team to determine creative timeline solutions to meet customer needs and close sales deals. Work with factories to identify the viability of custom projects. Coordinate rush/air orders, where necessary.
- Proactively work with department heads to address delays in new product shipments and/or products that may become backorders due to issues at factories to minimize impact to other departments. Provide suggestions on alternative solutions to avoid negative impact to sales results caused by delays.
- Develop and maintain accurate cost budgets on all inventories as well as maintain a creditable look-forward system to project future costs. Interpret economic, geopolitical, and market conditions and advise cross-departmental leadership of potential impacts on the cost and availability of goods being procured.
- Develop monthly dashboard reports highlighting key business deliverables, potential risks and recommendations for appropriate action plans. Provide reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products. Recommend process improvements and/or product lifecycle changes to the management team based on cost analysis.
- Identify and maintain relationships with domestic and international vendors based on meeting cost and margin requirements as well as lead time. This includes negotiating prices and maintaining blanket orders.
- Provide overall leadership to the global supply chain team including hiring decisions, terminations and overall performance management. Drive a high performing, results oriented team.
- Develop a strategy to control and reduce excess and obsolete finished goods inventory.
- Oversee product generation changes to ensure smooth transition of supply.
- Manage the release of large orders relating to inventory control issues in the United States ordering from the factory in China or from other vendors.
- Obtain equipment, service, office supplies and contracted services by building and maintaining rapport with vendors, managing bids including defining specifications, identifying and qualifying vendors, explaining requirements, studying and evaluating proposals, negotiating price and terms and licensing agreements.
- Guide Information System’s strategy and development for Supply Chain Operations, including Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Negotiate freight forwarding fees and all vendor pricing.
- Manage expense budgets.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business or related field of study.
- 10-15+ years International Product Manufacturing Supply Chain leadership experience.
- Business level language proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, Thai or Vietnamese.
- Proven success in Global Supply Chain leadership for a high volume of SKUs in a complex product manufacturing environment.
- Hands on team player with the ability to lead global teams.
- Proven change management effectiveness.
- Good understanding of exchange rates and import/export procedures
- Proficiency in SAP.
- Ability for international travel as required.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: paid time off; medical & dental coverage (including family coverage), vision, life, 401(k); tuition assistance; and continuous training and development.
Please note, all responsibilities outlined in the above job description are subject to change as needed. All efforts will be made to ensure proper notice is given for changes in responsibilities.