WAC Lighting is seeking a Back End Web Developer to work in a collaborative, energetic and entrepreneurial environment located in Port Washington NY. The Back End Web Developer will be experienced in PHP, MySQL, WordPress Theme and Plugin Development, jQuery, and HTML5. The role holds responsibility for coding the back end of WordPress and MVC websites for functionality, database architecture, themes and plugins to project specifications. A qualified candidate will be a creative problem solver who can work with our front-end web developers to create functionality from wireframes. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be willing to learn and execute new technologies in all aspects of web development including content management systems, testing methodologies, and MVC frameworks, as well as have the ability to apply their expertise to many challenging technical problems.
This role communicates with Sales and Marketing business stakeholders and Executive management. The ideal candidate will be able to apply their expertise to many interesting technical problems.
|Major Duties and Responsibilities|
- Work as a member of the Web Team collaborating with front and back end developers.
- Develop secure, scalable, data-driven web applications.
- Test web applications and document automation.
- Design database structures.
- Work with Product Managers to Import data, images, and documents for multiple sites.
- Create administrative reports as needed.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with web application development using PHP 7+ (including object-oriented PHP) and MySQL.
- Minimum 3 years experience with WordPress theme development, plugin development, and the WordPress hook system.
- Experience with data formats including JSON and XML.
- Experience with Sub-versioning systems including GIT.
- Strong team communication skills. Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Understanding of multiple-environment development including dev, staging, QA and production sites/servers.
- Experience with Magento web development and coding is a big plus.
- Experience with MVC frameworks is a big plus.
- Experience with CSS3/SASS is a big plus.
- Experience with GulpJS, ReactJS, Redux, and NextJS is a big plus.
- Experience with testing systems including Cypress.io are a big plus.
- Experience with manual testing on desktop, tablet, and responsive/mobile devices are a big plus.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum project management is a big plus.
- Experiencw with ES6 is a plus.
- An Understanding of REST APIs and endpoints is a plus.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: paid time off; medical & dental coverage (including family coverage), vision, life, 401(k); tuition assistance; and continuous training and development.
Please note, all responsibilities outlined in the above job description are subject to change as needed. All efforts will be made to ensure proper notice is given for changes in responsibilities.