The Credit AR Representative works independently and practices complex reasoning, analysis and decision making in support of the overall management of the revenue cycle process, holding responsibility for receiving and reviewing credit applications, conducting reference and credit checks, establishing credit limits, following up with clients regarding payment status, processing payment processing, and resolving chargebacks. In addition, this role is tasked with responsibility of formulating and executing a strategic action plan for daily collection activities of accounts receivables including reconciling accounts, charge backs, interacting with customers for the assigned territory, as well as ensuring sales tax compliance procedures are observed for all new and existing accounts.
- Maintain responsibility for all functions related to Credit & Collections including setting up new accounts in the assigned region and utilizing SAP for maintaining and updating sales tax table for all accounts.
- Release orders pursuant to review based upon outstanding account issues.
- Responsible for determining overall Credit Risk exposure of combined Global shared accounts throughout W Group.
- Contribute toward ensuring Credit procedure and process compliance throughout W Group.
- Effectively contributes to special ad-hoc projects according to required timelines and deadlines.
|Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Credit manager in the process of assessing and monitoring Credit, inclusive of the overall W Group portfolio. Provide credit recommendations accordingly.
- Initiate and complete the processing of all new accounts received for the Credit & AR Department. Gather credit/trade references on all new Accounts.
- Review all accounts for compliance under Sales Tax Rulings. Maintain Sales Tax Table using SAP for all new and existing accounts. Verify and validate all tax-exemptions, updating and saving all tax-exempt customer files for audit purposes.
- Create and maintain organized and accurate credit files for each customer, collecting necessary information to analyze and assess each customer’s credit worthiness, including but not limited to D&B / NACM updates.
- Validate, release and process all payments throughout each day for all prepaid accounts for assigned accounts (WAC Lighting and payment on file orders for all Integrator/AiSpire accounts).
- Process credit card payment link requests from customers in a timely manner.
- Provide responses to intermediate level customer service inquiries for both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a closely related field of study.
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven effective analytical capabilities and results focused attention to detail.
- PC literate with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven commitment to delivering excellent customer service, and building solid customer and colleague interpersonal relationships.
- Ability and willingness to be self- motivated, organized and efficient, along with a successful history of performing independently and driving positive results with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge and experience with of SAP is preferred.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: paid time off; medical & dental coverage (including family coverage), vision, life, 401(k); tuition assistance; and continuous training and development.
Please note, all responsibilities outlined in the above job description are subject to change as needed. All efforts will be made to ensure proper notice is given for changes in responsibilities.